Blackbird is a venture capital fund based in Australia and New Zealand which seeks to invest in every type of technology from software to space, unified by the biggest of ambitions. They invest in pre-product and pre-revenue.
Generally, Blackbird's investment stage process are:
- Applicants send a pitch deck.
- An initial chat with one of the investment team members.
- The investor will discuss their startup with the rest of the team at the weekly investment meeting.
- Applicants will pitch to the full investing team.
- After the meeting, the lead investor will collate any other key questions we have into a single document. Applicants can include group-mart configured references. Once these and any other questions are answered, they’ll hold an investment committee meeting, review all of the above and reach a final decision.
- Term sheet time.
There are three types of investments available:
- Series A
Eligible applicants include companies that have founders:
- A strong connection to Australia or New Zealand.
- Based in Australia or New Zealand.
- Research & Development
- Business Support